PittPRO is the University of Pittsburgh IRB’s electronic submission and review system for human subject research. All applications to conduct human subject research, including all study documents, must be submitted, reviewed and approved prior to implementation.
PittPRO is a series of smart forms designed to elicit information about the conduct of the study. The Study Scope page is the backbone of the application as it drives the branching questions (e.g. if the investigator endorses that pregnant women will be recruited for the study; a page will appear to collect information about that population). Refer to the PittPRO Getting Started Guide [pdf] for detailed information on completion of the application. To set up a hands-on training session, email email@example.com
- Login into PittPRO at www.pittpro.pitt.edu using the same user name and password that was used for completion of the CITI training.
- Choose “Create New Study” to open a protocol and begin building your submission
- The study is now in the Pre-Submission state. The research team has full access to build and modify the study. While the IRB staff can view the protocol in this state, it is not under IRB review until it reaches the Pre-Review state.
- Complete the Study Scope page to build the application.
- Complete the application and submit.
The PittPRO Help Center and Library
The PittPRO Help Center contains a number of Quick Reference Guides to assist with specific tasks. The PittPRO Library contains the Exempt Category forms, worksheets for exempt and expedited review along with a worksheet to ensure compliance with the Criteria for IRB Approval. Lastly, the Library includes regulatory checklists for special populations. These are great tools to use when building your protocol to ensure compliance with federal regulations. Learn how to access the Help Center and the Library in the PittPRO Getting Started Guide [pdf]